Human Impacts to Marine Ecosystems
Global data on human impacts to marine ecosystems
- Spatial Resolution: ~1 km
- Extent: Global
- Temporal Resolution: N/A
- Date Range: 02/2008
- Format(s): PDF, JPEG, KML, compressed ESRI Grid, GeoTIFF, compressed .ASC
Access: http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/GlobalMarine/models (input datasets are also available: http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/GlobalMarine/impacts and http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/GlobalMarine/ecosystems)
- CoML visualization guidance: TBD
Download an compressed ESRI Grid file and visualize in ArcGIS
- Data Download: http://ebm.nceas.ucsb.edu/GlobalMarine/models/model/grid/model.7z (note that this is a large file: ~366 MB)
- Data Conversion: These instructions assume local access to ESRI's ArcGIS software - access to ArcGIS via remote desktop is also available.
Extraction will create a grid folder with several subfolders (~3 GB). These folders must all be kept together.In ArcGIS navigate to the new grid folder and add the "model" raster within.