At the Long Beach, CA meeting
Mapping and Visualization events at the Long Beach meeting, Feburary 1-5, 2009.
Talks, Workshops and Doctor Visits
In the plenary meeting on Sunday aftenoon, Pat Halpin will describe the role of the mapping & Visualization program, collaborative efforts with Google and National Geographic as well as the specifica opportunities to interact with the M&V team during the all-program meeting week and beyond.
The Census of Marine Life Mapping & Visualization team will be running workshops and "Doctor's Office" sessions from Monday through Wednesday at the Long Beach All-Program meeting.
The purpose of these sessions are to help Census project and synthesis teams to:
- Learn about emerging mapping tools and technologies;
- Ask questions about specific mapping, data or tool questions; and
- Develop plans and schedule future assistance from the M&V team.
Meetings with the M&V Team
Sign up for one-on-one Doctor's Office meetings and Workshops
- Meeting with M&V Team on Monday, Feb 2, Morning
- Set up a meeting between 8:30 AM and Noon.
- Meeting with M&V Team on Monday, Feb 2, Afternoon
- Set up a meeting between 1PM to the end of the day
- Meeting with M&V Team on Wednesday, Feb 4, Morning
- Set up a meeting between 8AM to 11AM
Sign up for workshops on Tuesday Feb. 3
Overlaying oceanographic information on Google Earth